It’s easy to import your usernames and passwords from LastPass into oneSafe for Mac!
1. In your web browser, click on the LastPass browser plugin, then go to “Tools” > “Advanced Tools” > “Export To” > “LastPass CSV File.”
Save this CSV file on your computer.
2. Open oneSafe for Mac and click on “File” > “Import” > “Import CSV.”
3. An “Import CSV” screen will appear. Select the CSV file you just exported from LastPass.
Make sure that the “field delimiter” is set to “Comma (,)” and that the “template” is set to “Web Account.”
4. Uncheck the box at the left of the first row of information. This row contains the column titles and does not need to be imported.
5. You now need to let oneSafe for Mac know which data from the imported items goes into which field in oneSafe’s “Web Account” template. This is easy to do!
For each column of information, just choose the most appropriate field from the dropdown list at the top of the column.
In the example above, the first five columns should be set as “URL,” ”User Name,” “Password,” “Note” and “Title.”
In this example, we don’t need to set a field for the sixth and seventh columns (labelled by LastPass as “grouping” and “fav”) because this information is not required by oneSafe.
If you need to edit any of your information, just double click on the cell.
6. Click on “Preview Items” to see how your items will look in oneSafe for Mac and to confirm that you’ve set the fields correctly. At this stage, you can also edit or add information to any item and even choose an image for it. Click “Next” and “Previous” to move between the previews of your items. Finally hit “Finish” or “Accept All” when you’re done.
7. Your imported items will appear in a new category in oneSafe for Mac called “CSV Import.” You can change the name of that category or move your items into other categories to keep them in the order that best suits your needs.