Dropbox can be used to sync data between all your devices, including your Mac.
If you have two or more devices with oneSafe (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or Android), you can sync your data across all your devices in real time using Dropbox or iCloud. This page explains how to sync using Dropbox. For synching with iCloud, please go to this page.
In oneSafe, synching works at the level of categories. For each category, oneSafe for Mac lets you choose whether that category is to be synched across all your devices using Dropbox or iCloud, or whether that category is just to be stored locally on your Mac.
Configuring Dropbox in oneSafe for Mac
First, before you can set up synching, you need to make sure that Dropbox is correctly configured in oneSafe for Mac.
- Click on “oneSafe” (top left of the screen) > “Preferences” > “Synchronization.” Then click on the “Activate” button beside “Dropbox.”
- Next, enter your email address and Dropbox password and hit “Sign in”. Then click on “Allow” to permit oneSafe to create a new folder in your Dropbox account.
Synching categories with Dropbox
Next, oneSafe for Mac will ask you which categories you’d like to move to Dropbox to by synched. All categories moved to Dropbox will be synched across all your devices using Dropbox.
- Select the categories you’d like to move to Dropbox for synching and hit “OK.”
Another way to sync categories with Dropbox
As well as selecting the categories you want to sync when you first set up Dropbox in oneSafe for Mac (described above), there’s another way to arrange for individual categories to be synched via Dropbox.
- Right click on the category you want to sync and select “Edit Category.” (You can also edit any category by clicking on the “Action” button at the bottom left of the screen.)
- You’ll then see the “Detail” screen for that category. Select “Dropbox” in the options under “Stored in” and hit “Done.”
And that’s it! This category will now be synched via Dropbox and will be available in oneSafe on your other devices that are linked to the same Dropbox account (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android).
Repeat this “Edit” process for all the categories you’d like to sync using Dropbox.
See at a glance which categories are synched via Dropbox
From now on, you’ll notice a “Dropbox” icon to the right of these categories. Thus, you can instantly see which categories are synched via Dropbox, which are synched via iCloud (they have a small cloud icon) and which are stored only locally on your Mac (they have no icon).