Dropbox can be used to sync data between all your devices.
If you have two or more devices with oneSafe (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or Android), you can sync your data across all your devices in real time using Dropbox or iCloud. This page explains how to sync using Dropbox. For synching with iCloud, please go to this page.
In oneSafe, synching works at the level of categories. For each category, oneSafe lets you choose whether that category is to be synched across all your devices using Dropbox or iCloud, or whether that category is just to be stored locally on your iDevice.
Configuring Dropbox in oneSafe
First, before you can set up synching, you need to make sure that Dropbox is correctly configured in oneSafe.
- Go to the oneSafe “Settings” screen and choose “Synchronization.”
- Scroll down to “DROPBOX” and slide the button to “ON” (background goes green).
- Enter your Dropbox email address and password and hit “Sign in.” Then (if asked) click on “Allow” to permit oneSafe to create a new folder in your Dropbox account.
oneSafe is now configured to work with Dropbox!
Synching categories with Dropbox
To synch categories across all your devices using Dropbox, you simply have to move those categories into the Dropbox section.
- Once again, go to the oneSafe “Settings” screen and tap on “Synchronization.”
- Then simply drag and drop all the categories that you you want to sync via Dropbox into the “DROPBOX” section. Drag and drop categories by holding the button on the right of each category and dragging it to the desired location.
Another way to sync categories with Dropbox
As well as going to “Synchronization” in the “Settings” screen, there’s another way to arrange for individual categories to be synched via Dropbox.
- In the “Categories” screen, hit “Edit” at the top right. This will display all your categories in “Edit” mode.
- Tap on the category you wish to sync via Dropbox. You will then see the “Detail” screen for that category.
- At the bottom, under “Synchronization,” select “Dropbox” then hit “Done.”
It’s that easy! Your category will now be synched across all your devices via Dropbox!
Repeat this for all the categories you’d like to sync using Dropbox.
See at a glance which categories are synched by Dropbox
When you enter a category after doing this, you’ll notice that the dots at the bottom of the screen have changed to small “Dropbox” icons for the categories that are now synched via Dropbox.
You’ll also notice a “Dropbox” icon to the right of these categories in the “Categories” screen. Thus, you can instantly see which categories are synched via Dropbox, which are synched via iCloud (they have a small cloud icon) and which are stored only locally on your iDevice (they have no icon).