This page explains how you can quickly and easily restore a oneSafe backup file from your computer into oneSafe on your iDevice, using your Wi-Fi network. If your backup file is very large, you may need to restore it using iTunes File Sharing.
For instructions on how to create and export the backup file in the first place, please refer to this page.
Restoring a backup using Wi-Fi with oneSafe for iPhone and iPad and oneSafe Photos
Please note: Both your iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and your computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for this to work.
1. Open the oneSafe “Settings” screen and hit “Backup.”
2. Then hit “Import” > “Upload via Wi-Fi.”
3. oneSafe will then provide you with a URL address. Open this address in an internet browser on the computer where the backup file is stored.
4. You will see a large icon in the middle of the screen saying “Please upload your backup.” Click on “Choose File” and select the backup file you wish to upload. Then click on “Choose.” The backup file will then be automatically uploaded to your iDevice using Wi-Fi. Please do not close oneSafe or change screen during this upload process, as the process of uploading the backup file to your iDevice can only go ahead while the “Wi-Fi upload” screen is open. You have now finished using your computer, so return to your iDevice to complete the restoration process.
5. oneSafe will now ask you for your encryption key. Enter the key you chose when you exported this backup, then hit “Next.”
6. You will then need to choose whether you want to “Append” the restored data to your current content (i.e. keep the current content and add the restored data to it) or whether you want to “Replace” the content you already have (i.e. erase your current content in the process).
7. Your backed up data will then be restored!