It’s easy to make a backup of all the information you have stored in oneSafe on your Mac thanks to the oneSafe backup feature. This allows you to export the contents of your app for safekeeping. The data to be exported is stored in an encrypted oneSafe backup file ending in “.osbx” For security reasons, the “.osbx” file can only be opened using oneSafe.
How to make a backup in oneSafe for Mac
1. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click on “File.”
2. Then choose “Export” then “Export Backup.”
3. Type in an encryption key. This is essentially a password to unlock your data at a later time. Please remember your encryption key, as you’ll need it to restore the backup later. Enter the encryption key again in the “Confirmation” field, then hit “Next.”
5. Choose the location on your computer where you’d like to keep the backup file and hit “Save.”
And you’re done! You’ve successfully backed up the information you have stored in oneSafe.
How to activate automatic backup in oneSafe for Mac
oneSafe for Mac comes with an automatic backup feature, so you don’t need to worry about making regular backups manually. oneSafe does it for you! Here’s how to activate this feature:
1. In the menu bar at the top of the screen, click on “oneSafe.”
2. Then choose “Preferences.”
3. Click on the “Backup” tab.
4. Then check the box marked “Activate automatic backup.”
5. A new screen will pop up. Type in an encryption key. This is essentially a password to unlock your data at a later time. Please remember your encryption key, as you’ll need it to restore the backup later.
6. Choose how regularly you’d like a backup to be made, e.g. every month.
7. Choose the number of backup files you’d like to keep on your computer.
8. Finally, select the location where you’d like the backup files to be stored.
9. Then click “OK.”
Finally, close the “Preferences” screen and you’re done! oneSafe will now automatically make backup copies of the information you have stored in oneSafe with the frequency and specifications that you chose.